Coordinates and provides care utilizing the critical thinking framework known as the nursing process. The nursing process forms the foundation of the nurse's decision making to help partner with patients/families to attain, maintain and restore health whenever possible. Blends caring, compassion, knowledge and integrity to provide safe quality care that preserves patient autonomy, dignity and rights. Performs other duties as assigned.
The Endocrine Clinic is dedicated to providing exceptional customer centered patient care. This position is located in a high call volume clinic setting. The individual in this position will communicate to the provider on behalf of the patient, prescribe refills, provide quick turnaround responses to patient questions and/or concerns and serve as the "problem solver" for the patient. The majority of the day will be utilized to answer patient questions and addressing their concerns via phone.
The individual in this position:
- Collects patient data.
- Assists in planning patient care.
- Provides and reinforces the teaching of individuals and groups of patients.
- Administers medication as prescribed.
- Participates in activities designed to improve health care delivery.
Monday - Friday 8am - 4:30 pm, overtime required as needed
Selected candidate for hire will be responsible for assisting the department in patient care coverage in the Acute Care setting in Medsurg, ICU , CVICU and ER areas in hospital and also in outpatient setting.
- Provides respiratory care using critical thinking skills learned and refined through education and experience as a Respiratory Therapist.
- A Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) demonstrates these skills by successfully completing examinations administered by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) and earning the credential RRT.
- Assesses, evaluates results, and implements complex methods of providing care.
- Participates in the delivery of care and functions as a specialty clinical resource for other caregivers. Provides a caring relationship that facilitates health and healing. Performs other job duties as assigned.
Promotes a high level of customer satisfaction during patient interactions, requiring knowledge of departmental and corporate policies and procedures. Maintains accurate and timely billing information, processes appointments, and daily reconciles charge and payment entries and bank deposit. Incumbents are subject to overtime and callback as required. Performs other duties as assigned.
Serves as the unit receptionist and assists the nursing staff by relieving them of many of the clerical tasks indirectly related to the delivery of quality patient care. Monitors work environment to ensure safe and efficient operations. Under the general supervision the RN, Ambulatory Care Director, and/or Shift Coordinator. Performs other duties as assigned.