To assist the nursing staff in the rendering of patient care by providing those services necessary for patient's comfort and personal hygiene requiring little or no variation in routine. Performs all other duties as assigned.
Evaluates and assesses patients to establish functional, measurable goals to promote restoration of functional abilities. Provides treatment according to a written plan of care to meet established goals. Plans for discharge and communicates findings and progress according to professional licensure/certification, scope of practice and departmental/discipline policies and procedures. Produces other reports as needed. May supervise clinical students and support staff including certified/licensed assistants, technicians, and volunteers. Provides a caring relationship that facilitates health, and healing. Performs other duties as assigned.
Provides age-specific pharmaceutical care and basic clinical services for assigned patient care areas. Contributes to goals, programs, QA, PI and other activities for their unit/department/hospital. Performs other duties as assigned.
Performs imaging procedures/treatments according to radiology practice standards in order to aid in the diagnosis and/or treatment of disease.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of Radiologic principals/theory and utilizes the most appropriate technique and positioning for optimal procedures/treatments, as demonstrated by procedure/treatment results.
- Develops appropriate procedure/treatment plan.
- Implements procedure/treatment plan utilizing established hospital protocols/guidelines.
- Completes documentation as required to comply with hospital policies and procedures.
- Maintains equipment, procedure/treatment rooms, and work areas in a neat and safe condition to ensure the safety of patients and staff.
- Participates in hospital and departmental Performance Improvement activities to ensure that patient care is consistent with established standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Practices autonomously and in collaboration with other health care professionals to treat and manage patient's health problems and serve in various settings as researchers, consultants, and patient advocates for individuals, families, groups, and communities. Performs comprehensive assessments, diagnoses, and manages illness and disease. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Develops a plan of care within scope of practice of the nurse practitioner utilizing written protocols to ensure quality patient care.
- Uses prescriptive authority, procedures, referrals, treatments, and theories in accordance with state/federal laws and regulations.
- Enhances quality and effectiveness of nursing practice.
- Interacts with and contributes to the professional development of peers and colleagues.
Selected candidate for hire will be responsible for assisting the department in patient care coverage in the Acute Care setting in Medsurg, ICU , CVICU and ER areas in hospital and also in outpatient setting.
- Provides respiratory care using critical thinking skills learned and refined through education and experience as a Respiratory Therapist.
- A Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) demonstrates these skills by successfully completing examinations administered by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) and earning the credential RRT.
- Assesses, evaluates results, and implements complex methods of providing care.
- Participates in the delivery of care and functions as a specialty clinical resource for other caregivers. Provides a caring relationship that facilitates health and healing. Performs other job duties as assigned.