Practices autonomously and in collaboration with other health care professionals to treat and manage patient's health problems and serve in various settings as researchers, consultants, and patient advocates for individuals, families, groups, and communities. Performs comprehensive assessments, diagnoses, and manages illness and disease.
- Develops a plan of care within scope of practice of the nurse practitioner utilizing written protocols to ensure quality patient care.
- Uses prescriptive authority, procedures, referrals, treatments, and theories in accordance with state/federal laws and regulations.
- Enhances quality and effectiveness of nursing practice.
- Interacts with and contributes to the professional development of peers and colleagues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.