The Financial Analyst evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal and operational financial controls designed to ensure optimal revenue cycle performance. This role requires thorough understanding of Epic workflow, file transmission practices, business office practices, Microsoft office tools, and revenue cycle benchmarks.
- Facilitate business functions for key revenue cycle services by preparing reports, creating key analyses, and completing special projects for leadership
- Support end-users with education, explanation and insight into quality assurance/revenue cycle reports
- Document and maintain Epic workflow for all revenue cycle verticals
- Conduct audits on vendor files to determine logic is accurate and appropriate accounts are being captured
- Perform monthly audits of vendor inventories to ensure it aligns with Epic reports
- Perform weekly audit of vendor account activities to ensure appropriate actions are being taken on accounts
- Communicate vendor results to business office leadership
- Document vendor account workflows across all revenue cycle verticals
- Own vendor onboarding process including Epic access, CORL approval process, training, and go-live schedule
- Develop vendor performance scorecard that is updated on a monthly basis to track net ROI and vendor costs
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled independent audits of business office activities.
- Conduct routine retrospective and prospective epic workflow audits as directed by revenue cycle system director.
- Assess internal and external communication of changes to better communicate across functional departments
- Adhere to the defined audit timeline and audit protocol standards; assists with development of the audit schedule; identifies epic workflow to be audited.
- Identify specific needs for self-development and implements a plan to achieve professional growth.
- Apply consistent and standardized compliance audit methodology for sample selection, scoring and benchmarking, development and reporting of findings
- Participate in the development of the department long-term and short-term goals, objectives plans, policies and procedures.