Overview and Responsibilities
- Works under the direct supervision of a pharmacist to provide bedside delivery of discharge medications , prioritizing and processing prescription orders based on patient requests
- Performs data collections, assembly and interpretation for limited quality programs
- Completes the knowledge-based program as assigned by Pharmacy Leadership
- Through training, the technician will provide for the pharmacy department a skill set that will:
- Enhance patient education with regard to medication adherence using Motivational Interviewing potentially impacting patient outcomes (subject to Pharmacy Board approval & using patient education materials developed)
- Improve patient satisfaction utilizing various tools such as dispensing medications in plastic pill organizers, smartphone reminder alerts, refill reminders, etc.
- Provide any possible assistance with insurance, prior authorizations and high-cost medications using Dispensary of Hope
- Increase prescription refills by promoting My Chart, Mail Order, auto-refills, etc.
- Coordinate patient discharge medications between the Plaza Pharmacy, ED Pharmacy and main inpatient pharmacy dependent on inventory availability
- The technician will be provided with added responsibilities, increased ownership and importance within the pharmacy team