Coordinates and provides care utilizing the critical thinking framework known as the nursing process. The nursing process forms the foundation of the nurse's decision making to help partner with patients/families to attain, maintain and restore health whenever possible. Blends caring, compassion, knowledge and integrity to provide safe quality care that preserves patient autonomy, dignity and rights.
- Assesses the patient by collecting all forms of assessment data that are relevant to the patient's condition and age in a systematic and ongoing process.
- Develops, implements and evaluates the plan of care.
- Administers medications as prescribed.
- Provides patient, family, and/or significant other health teaching/education.
- Communicates/collaborates with others in providing patient care.
- Performs other duties as assigned.