- Bachelor Degree and completion of AMA approved program for medical technology or cytotechnology
- Blood Bank only: completion of AMA approved BB specialist program
- Technical skills as acquired by 4 years of experience in medical technology or cyto-technology
Licensure, Registration, Certification requirements:
- Cytotechnolgist Certification CT (ASCP); or Tennessee of Public Health Medical Technologist general or specific licens.
- Certification MT (ASCP) or equivalent
- Blood Bank only; MT (ASCP) SBB required