Provides operational leadership in the planning, directing and administration of the central business office for designated Metro-based hospitals. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: implementation of business office policies and standard operating procedures, management of billing and collections processes, compliance with regulatory guidelines,standardization of business practices, identification of process management and related efficiencies, implementation of performance improvement plans as appropriate, human resources management and financial oversight for CBO operations.
- Provides operational and strategic leadership to a high-profile group focused on maintaining and improving revenue realization results by controlling patient collections and third-party payer revenue.
- Ensures the maximum performance of revenue management across multiple entities, including accurate and timely charging, processing of billing and open patient accounts, payment posting, denials management and appeals, and customer service
- Develops departmental standard operating procedures.
- Proactively manages the billing process, maintaining positive and strong internal client relationships and advocating for the health system with third-party payers.
- Routinely reports on the performance of the accounts receivable, including key performance indicators, benchmarks and metrics.
- Provides direction and coordination for the development and implementation of performance improvement and quality improvement for the CBO.
- Develops a thorough understanding of systems, processes and payer specific reimbursement mechanisms and billing requirements, contributing in the proactive identification of opportunities for revenue cycle improvement and enhancement.
- Provides hospital and practice management with interpretation of standard operational, billing and budget data on a monthly basis.
- Participates in the development of the enterprise-wide revenue cycle strategy that aligns with the organization’s core mission and supports the organizational strategic plan, goals, and objectives.
- Provides budgetary oversight working within prescribed financial parameters.
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed to meet diverse business needs and service standards.