The Director of Case Management leads and mentors the case management team for optimal operation of care coordination. This is achieved by creating a culture of learning and collaboration with the healthcare team while focusing on patient-centered care. Contributes to overall hospital quality, customer satisfaction and financial goals and ensures compliance with local, state and federal regulations and accrediting organizations. The incumbent is responsible for departmental management 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
1. Creates a culture of optimism that focuses on serving as the patient’s advocate, providing patient-centered care and prudent resource utilization.
2. Assumes responsibility for operational management, hiring, training, supervising, counseling, mentoring, evaluating all employees and maintaining compliance with regulatory requirements.
3. Assumes accountability for the overall financial management of the department including but not limited to capital and operational budgeting, variance analysis as well as management of resources.
4. Provides leadership and establishes measurable departmental goals with specific accountability and time frames.
5. Provides direction in the development of policies and procedures, promotes uniformity of processes and participates in the development of the quality improvement and accreditation strategic plans for the entity to ensure goals are aligned and compatible with the system.
6. Provides opportunities for professional growth through continuing education in areas such as federal/state, local laws and regulation compliance, standards of accrediting agencies, community resource availability and case management principles and processes.
7. Plans, implements, and markets services which meet the needs of identified internal and external customers.
8. Communicates and utilizes policies that support patient’s fundamental right to considerate care, protect their personal dignity and respect their cultural, psychosocial and spiritual values in an effort to meet patient’s care needs and preference.
9. Performs other duties as assigned while supporting the hospital and department’s mission, vision and values to enhance quality, utilization, service delivery and customer satisfaction.
10. Actively participates in promotion of Service First activities and goal achievement.
11. Provide leadership and direction to Social Workers. Be knowledgeable concerning all aspects of the social work function and issued that effect patients.
Ideal candidate possesses advanced knowledge in field of Case Management and Social Work; knowledge of the payer industry, resource management, reimbursement, community resources, evidence-based clinical practice outcomes. Must possess excellent written/verbal communication skills; strong leadership capabilities; critical thinking, creative problem solving, and negotiation skills; be proficient in organization and planning. Must be self-directed, and have the ability to tolerate frequent iterruptions and a demanding workload.
Bachelor's degree required.
At least five (5) years experience in acute care nursing which involved regulatory compliance, patient/family education and development of policies and procedures; at least two (2) years in case management; at least two (2) years in management. Demonstrated advanced coummunication and interpersonal skills with all levels of internal and external customers, including but not limited to medical staff, outside agencies, and members of the community.
Current state license to practice independently as a registered nurse required. Current licensure in the State of Mississippi or eligible. Preferred certification: CPHQ, CCM.