· Meet and exceed all performance standards established by Management.
· Work all work queues and/or assignments daily.
· Review patient medical records for charge capture and resolution of charge department billing edits. Verify billing data for accuracy and completeness, following applicable regulatory requirements and payer specific guidelines. Apply charges for nursing department procedures upon verification of documentation in patient medical record.
· Perform charge audits by verifying billing data as compared to documentation and making corrections in Epic for correct billing of services identified by Management as areas of possible revenue leakage.
· Identify charging, coding, or clinical documentation issues and work with appropriate leadership and clinical departments to resolve issues.
· Serve as a resource and liaison for clinical charging and financial areas as related to appropriate coding and charge capture compliance.
· Stay abreast of third party regulatory, coding, and billing compliance directives by monitoring disseminated updates, external educational sessions, and/or research obtained.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Minimum: High school diploma or equivalent.
· Preferred: Associates Degree.
· Five years of experience in the healthcare industry with a working knowledge of hospital or physician revenue cycle functions.
· Preferred: Knowledge of coding and billing guidelines, medical record auditing, and government payer regulations.
· License/Certification as RHIT, RHIA, CPC, or CCS.
· Preferred: LPN or RN.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio). Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to interpret and implement regulatory standards. Organized and goal driven.