Overview and Responsibilities
- Monitor Epic’s EMR application and Caché database and respond to alerts.
- Perform Caché database maintenance tasks according to Epic’s documented best practices and established procedures including proactively expanding datasets, Caché database upgrades, environment copies (refreshes), Epic software Special Updates (SU), shadowing configuration, fail-over and disaster recovery procedures
- Assess the Caché database growth metrics, and plan for database growth.
- Be actively involved in implementing/testing disaster recovery (DR) process for Caché databases.
- Perform Epic System Updates (SUs) as required
- Regularly test the validity of database backups by performing test recovery.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively with technical and non-technical members of the Epic team.
- Participate in required change management process.
- Participation in on-call rotation which includes carrying and responding to a pager 7x24 during the on-call period.
- Be willing to travel to Epic’s corporate headquarters for the necessary Caché database training.
- Participate in other duties as required.
- Experience acting as a technical lead, preferably in a healthcare environment, in support of a large, complex vendor application.
- Experience building NIM servers.
- Experience with HPUX (PA RISC, ITANIUM), and Linux.
- Experience with Netbackup Enterprise backup/recovery tool.
- Experience with AIX virtualization technology – LPAR’s.
- Experience with HA – HACMP or PowerHA.
- Proficiency with Unix/Linux Scripting.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to prioritize workload with minimal supervision.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must be willing to participate in 24/7 oncall rotation.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related technical discipline.
- Minimum 4-6 years of experience working with, and including detailed knowledge of SAN disk storage technology from a major hardware vendor (preferably EMC).
- Minimum 4-6 years of experience with in depth knowledge of server virtualization technology - Example PowerVM or VMWare.
- Minimum 4-6 years of progressively responsible experience performing Unix or AIX systems administration duties in a critical production.
- Must have or pass Epic’s Cache certification (after attending the appropriate training) within 3 attempts.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed